Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Fishing Off Kawau Island

Hi Everyone,


I have been so busy for a while and have not written a post  for a while. But rest assured I will pop back from time to time and share my experiences and photos of my life in New Zealand.

You may have gathered by now I live North of Auckland, actually the area I live in is now  considered as  part of Auckland.

I love fishing and try to  spend a bit of time on the sea when ever  I can .
I am lucky that my brother has a boat so I can go out from time to time .

The Early Morning Sea Was Calm
Leaving Early  Morning off  Martins Bay North of Auckland



This week I get to go out  fishing twice and our trip on Monday was an early start. I was amazed at first that nobody else was taking the advantage of Easter Monday there is usually lots keen boaties out on the water by now.
 I was more  amazed that once we were out in the bay that there was not a boat to be seen anywhere. I have never seen that before and could only wonder if we should have taken more notice and perhaps checked the latest weather  forecast for warnings.

As the wind whipped up and the clouds threatened my fears only deepened. But true to my nature all I really cared about was getting the bait in the water.          

The fish were biting as soon as the bait was down and we pulled up a variety of sizes , all Snapper. Keepers being now over 30cm or larger many were returned to the sea.

How the Seas can Change.

The weather whipped up and we went from calm to rough to white caps to calm again to rain squall s to sun and as we headed back to the mainland we endured  metre swells. followed by calm and then a howling wind. I have never in all my days   seen the ocean change so many times in a matter of  a few hours.
The good news the fish did not stop biting and although we sent most of them back for being undersized we managed a nice feed of Snapper another good trip fishing.

My best scenic photos taken from the boat. Check out how the sky changes so much in each photo.
Rain ,Sun and Rainbows.






Looking forward to my next trip out tomorrow. I love the sea and do not mind too much if the weather roughs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment